Thursday, July 2, 2015

Happy Independence Day

Dear Joel,

Funny you should ask a political question. As you probably know, I tend toward the conservative side of the spectrum, which means several things. First, it means I'm ignorant, intolerant, and bigoted (although I trust you wouldn't know it from having a conversation with me!). Second, it means that when you ask for a single government program to get rid of, I find myself chuckling, because choosing one program out of the thousands of government programs that probably shouldn't exist is comical to me.

But you also know that I'm a big fan of the tv show The West Wing, which follows the fictional administration of President Bartlet, a liberal democrat.

So even though I'm ignorant and intolerant and bigoted, I believe that humans have the ability to rise above such awfulness and have productive - even positive - interactions about what's important in this world. I only hope some people who don't agree with my political views feel the same way.

I don't want to get stuck talking about The West Wing forever (ok, that's not true), but I'm interested in knowing, do you have a favorite season? A favorite episode? A favorite character?

Also, what are you doing for the holiday weekend (I suppose by the time you answer this, it will be what did you do for the holiday weekend)?

Sincerely,

Jake

0 comments:

Post a Comment