Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Big Game

Dear Joel,

I was going to begin by apologizing for missing my post last week, but it appears you've missed your posts for the last two weeks, so maybe I don't need to.

If I'm not mistaken, today is your 10th wedding anniversary, so CONGRATULATIONS to you and your wonderful wife, Pam. I was thinking about you both yesterday because I have a co-worker who is irritated that he has to attend a friend's wedding this Saturday. His irritation is based on the fact that the wedding ceremony is taking place right in the middle of the Iowa vs. Iowa State football game. It made me chuckle, remembering a certain college roommate of mine who was similarly irritated with you 10 years ago for scheduling your wedding on the day of the game as well.

The Iowa vs. Iowa State game is like a state holiday around here. Except, unlike most other holidays, there's a whole fan base whose day will be ruined by Saturday night.

So, 10 years ago you got married on the day of the big game, and today, you celebrate 10 years of marriage on another big football day. The NFL season begins with the Steelers vs. Patriots game this evening. Since becoming a bigger and bigger baseball fan over the last few years, I've paid less and less attention to the NFL's offseason. Therefore, I really have no idea who is supposed to be good and who is supposed to be bad this year.

So I turn to you. I want to hear your predictions for all 8 division champions, both conference champions, and eventual Super Bowl champions this season. Maybe I'll give you a prize if you guess mostly correctly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment