Thursday, March 26, 2015

Mouse Rat

Dear Joel,

I have an idea for something I might try at some point that's related to your artistic assignment for me. But you should remember the following: I'm not an artist. I mean, it might be fun to ask a fish to do a cartwheel, but we shouldn't all laugh and make fun when we see that he's not very good at it (my C.S. Lewis-like use of analogy should blow you away).

I should let you know that Elizabeth really enjoyed your post on Monday. She didn't know most of the stories surrounding the memories you shared. I'm going to provide a bit of my own commentary on a few of them... for the sake of posterity, of course.

Radio show: That Talk Boy was so much fun. We used it toward way better ends than Kevin McAllister did in Home Alone 2, for the record.

Mud Creek: I laughed when you said, "You didn't rat us out." I'm glad you think highly of me, but here's the truth: I was quite sure that I'd be in every bit as much trouble as you if the truth were brought to light. I was protecting my own hide on that one. In the moment, I just didn't know what I'd do if you guys floated away for miles (I guess I somehow thought Mud Creek = the Mississippi) and I had to find my way back through the woods alone.

Home run derby: Not only was the home run over the power lines, but the "foul poles" were where the power lines connected to the poles on either side of the street. We were playing home run derby quite literally in the street. THE STREET! I can't believe we're still alive.

Bert and Ernie: "lofted bed" made me laugh too. I think you meant "wooden board hanging 5.5 feet above the floor of the laundry room with some afghans spread across it." I can't believe we're still alive.

If you started a rock band, what would you name it? I named this post "Mouse Rat" because that's the name of Andy Dwyer's band in Parks and Recreation, and I think it's funny.

3 comments:

  1. I love Parks & Recreation! That's my cake decorating show. I frequent LOL even though I'm watching it alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I see you had no problem ratting me out about the "loft bed". Joel was a lot nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I see you had no problem ratting me out about the "loft bed". Joel was a lot nicer!

    ReplyDelete