Thursday, June 11, 2015

In the first place...

Dear Joel,

Do you remember Fred Penner's Place? I really don't remember too much about the show, but I remember the setting. The "place" of the show's title was a sort of den in a forest, completely surrounded by trees and rocks and other natural formations, and Fred could only get in and out of it by crawling through a fallen, hollowed-out tree trunk. It was a shaded, damp, cool place that seemed to allow for complete privacy even while in the middle of the great outdoors.

When I think about a "happy place," that's the kind of place I picture. Obviously, I would want mine to be a little less fictional. And without weird puppet characters inside. But I like shade (probably because I easily burn), and I like water (I think there was a stream of some kind flowing through his "place," but if not, there would be in mine).

So when you ask, "If you could visit just one location on earth, where would it be and why?" I start asking myself where could I go that would be like that?

On the other hand, I like learning about the history of western civilization. And castles. So I'd probably pick Europe. Can Europe count as "one location on earth?"

I also like baseball. So maybe I'd just go to Fenway Park and watch a Yankees-Red Sox game.

What do you think will be the most important issue our country will be facing in 10 years?

Sincerly,

Jake

0 comments:

Post a Comment