Thursday, February 26, 2015

I walked on the moon

Dear Joel,

I love stand-up comedy, but it's awfully hard to find comedians whose humor on stage is clean. That's why my favorites are Jim Gaffigan and Brian Regan. They're both pretty clean in their humor, and they're both hilarious. You can find multiple shows from both of them available on Spotify, but I'd recommend trying to watch their shows on YouTube or something (facial expressions and physical gestures are an important part of comedy, in my opinion). I would say Brian Regan's The Epitome of Hyperbole is my single favorite stand-up routine, if I had to pick one. Unfortunately, that one's not available on YouTube, so instead you should watch I Walked on the Moon, because it is.


Of course, lots of other things make me laugh too. So here's two more brief videos from one of my favorite sitcoms (Seinfeld). These are probably my two favorite scenes from the whole series.

Kramer's pinky toe story really sums up his character in just a couple of minutes.


And George's Marine Biologist story has a wonderful ending.


So there's a glimpse at what makes me laugh. And since I brought up TV, let me ask you, what are a few of your favorite TV shows? What tends to draw you in? Within your favorite shows, do you have favorite episodes?

0 comments:

Post a Comment