Monday, May 4, 2015

I Need a Pen Name

Dear Jake,

I have always wanted to write a book.  I want to write a novel.  I imagine it would be a children's book along the lines of "The Door in the Dragon's Throat" or even "The Chronicles of Narnia".  It's been a dream of mine for a long time.  I think it is the dream of a lot of people to write a book.

I love "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" which is book 5 of "The Chronicles of Narnia".  I love all of the chronicles, but Dawn Treader is my favorite.  A minimal synopsis of the book is as follows.  While on a quest to find the 7 lost lords of Narnia King Caspian meets up with the Pevensie Children and their bratty cousin who join him on his quest.  They search many different islands until they come to the edge of the East and see into Aslan's Country.  They face many many adventures on their trip and so many lessons are learned.

The reason I like the books is because they are filled with imagination and wonder.  The reason I love the books is because each of them contain deep truths about the relationship between The Creator and his Creation.  Ultimately the books point us as the reader toward Jesus and our eternal home.  They are wonderful.

That's what I want to write. I think the thing that stops me is that I don't believe I have it in me to write like THAT.

But I want to do it and I think I'm going to.  I think a goal I'll set for myself next year to write a book.

Will you read my book, should I write one?  Would you be the second to read it?  My wife would be the first.

What is something that you have always wanted to do but haven't done it even though you have no good reason not to?

0 comments:

Post a Comment